Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tools for starting Java Programming



Okay you're at my Java programming blog, Great! You probably didn't come here by chance, if you didn't, if you were just searching for help to Java introduction well, you got the right place.

First, to start programming in Java, you need the Java JDK, Developmental Kit, which could be downloaded at the Sun Java website, click on this link. I recommend you download the JDK6.

Then once you got that, you might want to download an editor and compiler, unless of course you want to use your command line environment to do all the compiler. I find that too much work. I use an editor and compiler call DrJava. Click on the link to go to the download site.

That's it. You're on your way to programming. For tutorials, you can find it at the Sun Java website.

If you want to play with simple codes I have on my website, just copy it and paste it to your editor and compile it.

Here's a good place to start on your way to learning Java and becoming a Java programmer. I found this E-book PDF on teaching yourself Java. Its great.
Has all the beginnings steps.

Have fun!

1 comment:

Tatiana Q said...

Hey buddy. Nice blog, it's coming along well. Hope many people play with your java. Hope for me that many people will read my blog and find meaning in it.

NCSU CSC News Channel

The Weather Channel: Your Local Weather Outlook--Raleigh, NC (27608)